Body Waxing Treatment Information and Tips
Our waxing treatment technicians take the greatest care to protect the elasticity and health of the skin. The wax is applied warm, then removed gently leaving the skin extremely smooth. Our waxing services are comfortable and results-oriented.
Our reputation for excellent service and personalized attention is known in many New Jersey towns including Hackettstown, Mendham, Lebanon, Bedminster, Califon, Glen Gardner, Port Murray, Flanders, Mount Olive, Chester, Mansfield, Allamuchy, Independence, Voorhees, Tewksbury, Peapack, Roxbury, Randolph, East Hanover, Dover, Morristown, Somerville, Berkeley Heights, Madison, New Providence, Manville, Florham Park, Bound Brook, Middlesex, North Plainfield and Hopatcong.
Balance Face + Body Wellness carry a world renowned line of Australian made wax. Whether a Brow or a Brazilian, you can be sure you are receiving the best service with the best products out there! Our estheticians use a Strawberry Crème wax infused with Titanium Dioxide to help soothe and nourish the skin. While no wax experience is ever completely pain free, our exclusive line of Crème waxes and post-waxing products will ensure a clean, smooth, irritation-free service!
Waxing is a form of semi-permanent removal of hair from the root. It could take up to six weeks for the new hair to grow back in the previously waxed area. Almost any area of the body can be waxed such as the eyebrows, Bikini Wax (pubic area), face, legs, arms, sideburns, abdomens, back and feet.
Bikini Waxing is best when you do not shave in between waxing treatments and to exfoliate. Since hair grows in cycles, shaving in between waxing treatments will prevent a smooth, clean wax. Dead skin buildup is the cause of ingrown hairs. Continued exfoliation helps prevent the hair from being trapped underneath the skin. Start exfoliating 2 or 3 days after the bikini wax with a rough wash cloth or loofah. Use a circular, gentle motion. Using these steps before and after a bikini wax will give you the best results.
What should I do before I go for a waxing service?
• Exfoliate the morning before your wax. Balance Face + Body Wellness has an organic body scrub that is an excellent complement to your pre-waxing treatment. As stated above, use gentle, circular motions in the direction of hair growth. This helps lift the hair off the skin making the waxing treatment more effective.
• Do not drink caffeine before your waxing service.
• Do not apply moisturizer before your waxing treatment.
• If coming in for a body waxing, wear loose clothing. Tight clothing can irritate the freshly waxed skin and delay the healing process.
• You should wait about 2 weeks prior to waxing; hair should be about 1 / 2 inch long.
What should I do after my waxing treatment?
• Do not go in the sun, avoid ultraviolet light
• If doing an underarm waxing treatment, do not use deodorant.
• Do not do chemical peels one week after your waxing treatment.
• When doing a facial wax, avoid perfumes and cosmetics.
• Avoid exercise as sweating and oils can clog the pores and disrupt the healing process.
• Take lukewarm showers and baths, as heat can cause more irritation to where the waxing treatment was done.
The different waxing services Balance Face + Body Wellness offer are Brazilian waxing, bikini waxing, eyebrow, half leg waxing, full leg waxing, chest waxing, belly waxing, face waxing, arm waxing, half arm waxing, under arm waxing, back waxing, half back waxing, sideburn waxing, chin waxing, lip waxing and detailed brow design waxing.